Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
The 3v sounds completely different from the 2v though. I've never heard a 05+ running with just headers though. So idk how it would sound

·
Registered
641 Posts
Not for daily drivng, will warp the **** outta exhaust valves. Anyone who says otherwise doesnt know. Unless your motor is cammed.. it will most likely sound like a tractor..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It outa' sound like lil drag car to some degree and be loud as (insert 4 letter word).
Plus there should be instant hp gains.

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
The 3v sounds completely different from the 2v though. I've never heard a 05+ running with just headers though. So idk how it would sound
yeah itll sound different but itll still sound bad. itll just be loud, it wont have that tone and aggressive sound that mufflers give. i went from having dynomax mufflers to having no mufflers to running mac and hated having no mufflers. it was annoying and had horrible drone.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why do people not like the drone? Im considering getting flowmaster super 44s which have "horrible" drone and the 2010 mustang actually has a pipe that goes from the engine to the cockpit to give it more drone/engine sounds.

·
Registered
583 Posts
You'll see why we don't like the drone once you experience it for a few thousand miles. Mine drones out at 60mph. I'll go 10 over the speed limit just so i dont have to listen to the drone :( and i'm running the offroad X with magnapacks

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
Why do people not like the drone? Im considering getting flowmaster super 44s which have "horrible" drone and the 2010 mustang actually has a pipe that goes from the engine to the cockpit to give it more drone/engine sounds.
its not that i dont like it... my mac gives drone. with me not having mufflers i couldnt have a convo with the other person in my car at around 1800-2200rpm which is where i cruise at.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its not that i dont like it... my mac gives drone. with me not having mufflers i couldnt have a convo with the other person in my car at around 1800-2200rpm which is where i cruise at.
Well I rarely drive other people in my car and I blast music when I am driving them.

·
Registered
641 Posts
lol, I guess ill have to find out, at least the super 44s are cheap as dirt. :p
I have Super 40s on mine.. thier ****ing loud when you stand on it.. but my all time favorite muffler is a Spintech.. absolutley best all around sound hands down.. did not intend for that to rhyme.. lol

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
You'll see why we don't like the drone once you experience it for a few thousand miles. Mine drones out at 60mph. I'll go 10 over the speed limit just so i dont have to listen to the drone :( and i'm running the offroad X with magnapacks
how do you like the magnapacks? i was between those and mac when i was lookin... i ended up goin with mac

lol, I guess ill have to find out, at least the super 44s are cheap as dirt. :p
drone isnt too bad unless you have a lot of it. youll have more drone with a o/r midpipe.

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
I have Super 40s on mine.. thier ****ing loud when you stand on it.. but my all time favorite muffler is a Spintech.. absolutley best all around sound hands down.. did not intend for that to rhyme.. lol
i forgot about spintech. they sound very good! and sound like nothing else.

·
Registered
583 Posts
how do you like the magnapacks? i was between those and mac when i was lookin... i ended up goin with mac

I personally love the magnapacks. Magnaflow has really good quality products and the sound is exactly what i was lookin for

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts

I personally love the magnapacks. Magnaflow has really good quality products and the sound is exactly what i was lookin for
nice! i went with mac cause i had heard it in person before. im not done yet, i still need to get my lt's and o/r prochamber then ill be set.... i hope haha its so hard to find the right sound.

EDIT: haha that post is all messed up

·
Registered
443 Posts
when the flang on my passenger manifold broke i just had ehaust on the drivers side and just a straight header on the passenger and it sounded and ran like complete ****! i had to drive it to and from work while i was waitin on the new manifold to come in the mail. i would have to blip the throttle while decellerating to keep the car from dying

1 - 20 of 48 Posts