Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a few threads on this subject and from what I've gathered it is fairly simple to drop it in and bolt it up to the stock motor mount locations.
I'm looking for someone who has done this swap before or a link to a descriptive thread so I can ask some questions.
I just want to know a few thing before I go through with the swap:

1) I know the T5 transmission works with the fox 5.0/302 but will I need a new bell housing?
2) Can I use the computer out of an OBD2 fox?
3) Is there any modification needed to the stock brake lines or anything else because I've heard of people swapping these engines then having to change a bunch of random things you would never link with an engine swap.

I have a friend who does a lot of odd engine swaps at her shop and she is going to give me a really cheap price on it because she is sponsoring the finished car.
I also work at an auto parts store and my friend gets shop discounts so getting odd parts isn't too expensive.
I already know that it makes more sense to just buy a V8 but that's not what I'm asking so don't tell me to do it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
662 Posts
1. yes
2. yes
3. you might as well have a donor car because youll need the harnesses and other various little parts you might not realize youll need.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
I think you might need a k member from a 94-95 GT but I'm not completely sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard a lot about that too!
Some people are saying that you can use the v6 k-member.
I think the people who are using the k-member from an older gt are swapping the 302 into a newer gt model and not into a v6.
The tech doing the swap has plenty of experience because he has an old dodge colt with a swap which is running 10's :eek: so he should be able to modify any mounts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do it so u can do a write up then I can do it
If I do it, I am definitely going to document it well so others can do it too. :yes
That's the only problem with some swaps...people do them and don't document them for others.
It's always "I have a friend who has a friend who heard of a guy who did this swap"
It's hard to find first hand knowledge on them. lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
do it and send me the right up lol

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was thinking about this too...

Looking forward to a write-up.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
You need a k member

My buddy did this swap and he regrets it completely... I think it is badass but he wished he did a 4.6 swap.. He could have seen way higher numbers for what he paid to do a 5.0 swap.. He spent about 6000 on the project

If you need anything else just let me know and I'll ask him

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
the only reason it should cost 6k is if he bought an entire donor car in decent condition and didnt do some of the work himself. i say buy a wrecked 94-95 gt for cheap and youll have almost everything you need. rip down the 302 and use craigslist for parts:yes

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Well he did do a full port job and forge the **** out of. It... If I did a 5.0 swap I would do same thing he did to build to last... I believe he is estimating 10s for next month.

But back on subject. He is running a t5 ttrans as previously stated

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
ive always thought about buying a v6 and doing this. especially since you can get some 5.0s on craigslist for dirt ****ing cheap. good luck man!

·
Registered
631 Posts
swap the input shaft out with a 5.0 one. use a bellhousing from a 94-95 model. I'm almost 100% sure you'll have to use a 94-95 k-member or get a QA1 kmember and you'll be good. the only thing that would really worry me would be being able to keep your cluster since the 94-95's used a cable drive speedo. since you'll be swapping computers i figured i'd bring up that bit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts