Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey quick question. I am adding ported heads with my current cammed setup. I am going to run 24lb mach 1 injectors and am going to upgrade the fuel pump. I was looking around for a SVT focus fuel pump. I found this Ford Focus 255 LPH Fuel Pump 2000-2008 - TREperformance.com it seems pretty cheap. It says they make their own pumps. Anyone use one of these? If so do they work in a 02 and work well. If not what is the PN from Ford and how much roughly are they?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone??????

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
I dunno, I have an svt focus pump and looked at a few of these "knock offs" before shelling out the dough. Fuel pump wasn't really something I wanted to skimp out on.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you know what the pn is for the ford one?

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
Not off hand. Call lethal performance, they can hook you up with one. 1877-2LETHAL. They are not cheap but they are a ford part. I believe they flow 255lph and are a direct drop in.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so now on the svt focus pump do you get just the pump or the entire sending unit? JC. Also does the pump just drop in? Because otherwise depending on cost I see they have a division x fuel pump that works with a returnless system and flows 340 lph which would be more than enough for my car and is $150.

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
You get the whole basket and everything. Just remove the pump and put it in your stock basket. Someone at lethal told me the sending units are different even tho they look very similar. The pump is 100% drop in, you don't even have to splice the wires. I wanted to go with a bigger pump but no one has a write up on how to install one. You can get the bigger pumps to fit in the basket with some trimming but hooking them up is a mystery to me. The snouts on bigger flowing pumps are longer and require modifying the lines somehow.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so another questions are pumps on 99-04 gts and v6 mustangs the same? JC. I know they use the same gas tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts