Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..ever converted an automatic 99-04 to a manual? If so... did you do it yourself, or did a shop... how much did it cost you? Did everything turn out fine?

I would love for my car to be a manual if its possible down the road.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I'm going for it very soon now. I'm picking up a t-5 for 325 this week with less than 40k and a pedal assembly for 50. so that leaves me needing a driveshaft, flywheel, new clutch, clutch cables, and shifter. So it'll be in the 600s. I'll let you know how it goes as I get it done, doing it myself.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going for it very soon now. I'm picking up a t-5 for 325 this week with less than 40k and a pedal assembly for 50. so that leaves me needing a driveshaft, flywheel, new clutch, clutch cables, and shifter. So it'll be in the 600s. I'll let you know how it goes as I get it done, doing it myself.
Please do. I prolly could not do it myself. Never done anything like that.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I really don't think it's that hard, just time consuming, with the pedal assembly. Other than that everything should go smoothly. Especially considering the t-5 is considrably lighter than the 4r70w, i'm pretty sure. And you'll need either a manual computer, or a tune. I got my tune from VMP a few months ago and he just sent me 3 more for the manual. Great to work with.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It's not a very difficult swap at all. I found someone parting out their wrecked v6, and I bought everything I needed for the swap for $450. I also bought a new clutch for $200.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
build your auto, or sale it and buy a manual for cheaper

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like a shift kit, jmod, hammer shifter and such
I have no idea what any of that is. I vaugely know what a shift kit is. Treat me as if I am a complete idiot and explain... wait... I am a complete idiot at this :eek:

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I already have an Xcal3 tuner, and the tranny currently shifts very firmly with that. I only have it set to 5% for each gear atm.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts