Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 01 bullitt, evey once in a while i go to start it up and it starts up but dies. it wont idle sometimes... is it my IAC needs to be cleaned i belive it is. thanks for your input :3gears

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
my car is horrible on cold starts. usually dies when its cold on its first start. i havent been able to chase down the reason.

·
Registered
922 Posts
i have an 01 bullitt, evey once in a while i go to start it up and it starts up but dies. it wont idle sometimes... is it my IAC needs to be cleaned i belive it is. thanks for your input :3gears
Does sound like IAC......try tapping it a few times with a wrench or something and see if it clears up any. If it does, bingo - thats your problem.

·
Registered
148 Posts
happens to me every once in a while...i just take off my iac and clean it and its good, goes away just fine. its not at all hard to do either

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is a different issue then the IAC and I dont see it as an issue at all? My car sits in a cold barn right now and does the same thing. I wouldnt worry about it, I just start it and if it starts hestating I shut it off and start it again and its fine...Oh and i have a BRAND NEW IAC so that isnt the issue

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks im going to clean it this weekend and see what happens

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree the IAC is prob the problem, also you could try pouring a bottle of rubbing alcohol in a full tank of gas, that will get rid of any water in your gas ...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Clean the IAC and see if it helps...I think it will...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts