Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
god i been wondering around whats the actuall difference between them...any pros and cons? which is gud for DD and which is not? which can be made to look more gud? actually which one looks gud stock? or both....like anything i just wanna know the differences between these two and which one would u prefer if u have the choice between two at the same price and almost equal condition... thanks:D oh and which one is lighter? :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
gud??

·
Registered
751 Posts
imo the the 87 up lx coupes look the best

·
Registered
14 Posts
If it makes you feel any better I like the hatch's especially the 84 ttop. :tomato

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
coupes are a little lighter but they are also more solid structure wise but still require subframes to be one of the first mods to the car.

·
Registered
314 Posts
ha. From the owner of hatch.... The rear end of a coupe is just darn sex appeal!:D

^want

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Notchbacks are slightly lighter and slightly stiffer. Hatchbacks have more room and are slightly more aerodynamic.

The hatch would probably make for a better DD just for the sake of being slightly more practical. You can fold down the rear seats and fit a LOT of crap in there. Hatches are also more common (as both LX and GT models were offered in a hatch, only LXs were offered in the notch), and they're usually cheaper.

Looks are a matter of preference, personally I think the LX hatchback is one of the UGLIEST cars ever made. Which is weird, because with the GT ground effects, or even the Cobra ground effects, I think it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I actually am reversed of RevDex I think the back of the LX hatch looks more gudder than the GT ;)

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Yeah, I was looking for a notch when I settled for another 'vert.

5-speed 5.0 notchbacks are NOT easy to come by out here.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts