Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just raced a camaro with a big bunch of crap done to it. It was not stock. All motor though.

I had him off the line no problem. We were at a red light I got up and walked away from him. He spun his tires I think.

So then we took it from a roll I'd say about 15mph and we were dead even. I couldn't pull away from him and he couldn't pull from me. We stopped just as we got into third gear. Don't know what would have happened if we kept going all the way thru third.

I've raced several camaro's in my time. Every race against them is the same. I beat them off the line but from a puch we are even and I struggle. My car runs 12.30's at the track.

What I can't understand is how can they accelerate like a low 12sec car but yet run low 13's or high12's at the track.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
u've got a weight advantage of about 350lbs on them......thats why....

u can get the jump with raw power, but there power band is mostly longer.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah but still I want to be able to pull away from them camaro's. Those are the only cars I struggle against. From a red light hahaha they have no chance. But it's rare to catch a red light and be first in line.

I remember one time I left a newer camaro SS standing still. He had gears a stall and something done to the motor. He asked if I wanted to race so I said sure. As soon as the light turned green I nailed it and I was gone.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Better pic of the car.

It draws alot of attention just about every where I go with the thing. No body ever seen a car like that before. Sounds pretty loud too.

It's all motor small block biggest down fall with that motor is the heads. We had them on a flow bench the numbers were 253cfm on the intake can't remember the other numbers. Cast iron heads.

Fastest it's ever gone was 12.29 aint to bad for a 4dr merc that weights in at 3600lbs. I cruise it around most of the time and bracket race it every now and again.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Looks nice. I'm not sure why you wouldn't pull away from the camaro from a roll, maybe because you are giving up weight. What about gear ratios?

Traction off the line makes a huge difference in time slips

·
Registered
41 Posts
Better pic of the car.

It draws alot of attention just about every where I go with the thing. No body ever seen a car like that before. Sounds pretty loud too.

It's all motor small block biggest down fall with that motor is the heads. We had them on a flow bench the numbers were 253cfm on the intake can't remember the other numbers. Cast iron heads.

Fastest it's ever gone was 12.29 aint to bad for a 4dr merc that weights in at 3600lbs. I cruise it around most of the time and bracket race it every now and again.

nice car...what do you have in it?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It has 4.10 gears and 4000 stall so yeah it's set up Out of the hole.

his camaro has a 9ich ford with 3.91's I think he said a 2800 stall

The camaro I raced is a co-worker. We plan on going to the track together and run them for real. But he thinks he will beat me at the track.

What do you think???

Here is a bracket race timeslip of a win. This was mid-summer

I sandbagged the guy. And put a .005 light on his azzz

my 60' ranges from 1.80 to 1.85

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those 60foots were all over the place because my Auburn Posi went out on me. Some of the guys at the track told me I was doing a one wheel burnout.

No wonder I felt it spin just a tad every time I left.

Next week a Detroit Locker is going in. I already have it. Waiting on the weather. Then off to the track to see how she does.

My MPH is always 108 or 109

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
u proly cant pull away at third cause of those 4:10's not ment for racing from a roll lol

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
that's the best r/t i've ever seen

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've done that a couple times already. .005

I can't remember if I've ever done better though.

Just remember to go on the third bulb and you too can cut a light. I should mention that I shallow stage.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
What year camaro is it? What engine? If its a LS motor, they're no joke, you can make a TON of power with that engine and with him swapping in a 9", he's probably making some good power, granted the chevy rears are junk to begin with. But even so, I've seen some pretty fast f-bodies with LS motors in them, so don't underestimate them... if its a TPI motor, those suck, period. I've had quite a few.. resisted growing a mullet though.

·
Registered
569 Posts
yeah a cam in those ls1's are good for high 300's they arent any joke if its a 94 + and they can put 410s and not worry with those 6 speeds

·
Registered
80 Posts
I actually dont hate Camaro's because I consider them another value American Muscle car like our Stangs.

Is there anyone else out there who doesnt hate every other car?, and consider some of them more like respected rivals?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
actually i hated fords till i bought my stang a year ago......i have always loved the ls1 cameros but i would sure hate to work on one

1 - 20 of 30 Posts