Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I wanted to know if I decide to sell my SCT X3 Tuner that has only been used once on my stang. Since I already tuned it to 91 octane and other adjustments will the tune always be there or if you remove the battery does it go back to the stock tune. I am really in need of some cash so I'm considering selling it.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Youll have to set your car back to factory in order to sell the tuner/have a good chance of selling the tuner. Unless you only want to get like $100 for it if youre lucky.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
+1 the tuner is worthless unless you put your car back to stock to unlock it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
+1...when you upload a tune its "locked" to your car. if you try to sell your tuner without unlocking it (removing the tune from your car) you won't get much money for the tuner, because it has to be sent back to SCT to get unlocked. i forget how much it costs but its definately not worthless. you just wont get much for it. its like 50 or 75 or something to get it unlocked. this prevents one person from buying a tuner and letting 10 of his friends load tunes on their cars without buying a tuner themselves.

thats why you see people say their tuner is "unlocked" when they are selling it. means they took the tune off their car and the tuner can be used with any other car now.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys oh well i guess that option is out my next question is why does SCT say it can be used five times. I dont get it does it mean that once i restore my gt to its original settings or make a change in adjustments that it uses up one of the five times. Also when you disconnect the battery does it go back to the stock setting i always wanted to know or is it still in.

·
Registered
310 Posts
the "5" is that the tuner can be used in a total of 5 different mustangs; unlimited per each of the 5. (otherwise I'd be screwed since I've changed my tune atleast 5 times)

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok so it can go to up to five different mustangs but before it goes to another mustang the previous one has to return to the stock tune is this correct, what about the battery disconnection question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts