Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I decided that I didn't like that surface rust on my rotors so I decide to prep them real good and put a few coats of black caliper paint on the fins and around the hub just where its visible inside the wheel and avoid where the surface area of the pads makes contact with the rotor. Well I ended up getting some on my surface area. Will this wear off? I drove it about 2 miles and it sounds awful when I get on the brakes hard. I should have just spent some money and got some good rotors.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I got some today. I should have tried to get it off before I drove it. I am an idiot!

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
nahhh... Its an easy mistake to make.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
damn you zippee...lol

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
holy ****.. what a dumbass thing to do..

just kidding, it's not that bad at all.. just clean it off and count it as a lesson learned :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright guys you don't have to make it worse! I just need to know everything is gonna be alright.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
"you never tell your patients that everything is gonna be alright, you make 'em misserable, make 'em lose all hope"

I've been watching to much House...

·
Banned
747 Posts
i heard brake fluid eats paint off of caliper paint and other paint on calipers and rotors.

or

brake hard and use the e brake

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it at all. You could just scrape it off with a razor, or let the pads wear it off. Brand new Mercedes Benz rotors come completely painted from the factory. I usually just spray some brake clean and razor blade the paint off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts