Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seen something so good looking?

This is my dads old 1971 Mach 1, no its not a Boss 351, that he sold to his brother, whose finally getting around to getting it fixed up. I'm more excited then I should be.

In its prime it had a 351 HO engine producing like 350 horsepower with a 4 speed manual transmission. This is the car that got me into mustangs.

He's going to be fixing the rust, painting the engine bay and interior before sending it off to the body shop to fix the rear quarter replaced and the car painted. I think if I ever get any free time I'm going to be spending a lot of it helping him with the restoration.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably going to stay as original as possible. The car still runs and the engine doesn't have any major problems at all. It has like 175k on it if I remember what my dad told correctly and still runs pretty strong. Probably only be replacing what really needs replacing.

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
nice

have fun with it. years down the road (when my son is 15) i plan on buying a pos and building it from the ground up with my son then giving it to him for his 16th... thats my plan anyways lol

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice

have fun with it. years down the road (when my son is 15) i plan on buying a pos and building it from the ground up with my son then giving it to him for his 16th... thats my plan anyways lol
Man I wish I was that lucky. I had a hooptie for my first car. Shitty 91 Ford Tempo that chugged gas for a 4 cylinder.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Holy rust :eek:

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
There isn't as much as you think. The car only has rust spots over 60-75% of the body.
It probably looks worse in the pictures...

But seriously, that's a good project!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts