Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure whats going on with my car, but its been starting a little funny and running slightly off. On a cold start it sputters a little like its not feeding enough fuel or its not sparking properly. Its quick then starts so that worries me. When its running, if i hit the gas pretty heavy the engine makes this ticking noise, but only when i open it up. Light acceleration and idle its fine no noise. i thought it was a bad belt but it seems fine i know all the signs of a worn belt. it could be the exhaust leaking at the heads, but im pretty sure that it would do that all the time. i was told it could be a sticky lifter, but im not sure. can anyone help me out. i did a full fluids change about 2k miles ago and it started happening the day after. so i took it back to Jiffy Lube. they said they couldnt find any thing wrong with the car but i know thats bull ****. Its just gotten a lot worse lately.

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
Have you checked your spark plugs? I had the same problem and replacing them helped on the starts and everything, pull them over even if you think that they're still okay cuz one of them couldn't be firing which leads into a misfire, wires are also a good idea..... :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i replaced the wires not the last oil change but the one before. so they have about 6k on them. ill check the plugs and get new one put in anyway ive got six extra plugs in my garage. one of those ill do the work myself and save money things. then i saw what the scale of the work was and said **** THAT lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts