Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
head(s) are off and on their way to the shop for a nice reworking.. and holy **** it was a pain in the ace.. nothin hard, just a lot of small things to piss a ford man off... anyways instead of gettin new ones, i opted to put in some work on the old ones..im having chevy valves put in, valve job, some channel grinding, and maybe lite porting.. that along with hot tanking the manifolds and gasket matching them with some polishing... after that she should purr once again. Besides being very pleased with spending a fraction of the cost of a top end kit,.. i should be very content with the results..................at least for a little while

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
head(s) are off and on their way to the shop for a nice reworking.. and holy **** it was a pain in the ace.. nothin hard, just a lot of small things to piss a ford man off... anyways instead of gettin new ones, i opted to put in some work on the old ones..im having chevy valves put in, valve job, some channel grinding, and maybe lite porting.. that along with hot tanking the manifolds and gasket matching them with some polishing... after that she should purr once again. Besides being very pleased with spending a fraction of the cost of a top end kit,.. i should be very content with the results..................at least for a little while
Porting the stock heads is worth maybe 25 hp with a better flowing intake and suitable cam.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
^^^+1

there is a reason those top end kits are so much more expensive

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
why not get gt40s and port those rather than stock POS heads?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
yeah im still not gettin the point of the chevy valves

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
for what your gonna put into those the machine shop proly has a ready to go set of gt40(p) heads for proly 100 more and you will gain twice the hp than your gonna get with those stockers.. but hey do what ya want :)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
i wouldnt waste any time or money on a piece of **** stock head. You will be mad when you get it all back together and cant tell the diffrence. Save your money and get a set of trick flows, edelbrock, holley or afr heads. Then you will notice something

1 - 11 of 11 Posts