Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i tell the difference in each side of heads.. im at my install portion, and cant remember which head goes on which side.. Does it matter? if so, how can i tell?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres the thing,.. both sides have identical holes

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
upskeez... install on hold till i get to the bottom of this....

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The heads are identical castings...

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
they will go on whichever side u put them on...

·
Registered
81 Posts
they are same but if you try to put the left one on the right side and or right on the left the smog holes will be in the front of the block so there you go

·
Registered
81 Posts
as he said about the smog holes
yes i realize this but if you try to put the head on the other side of the block with the smog holes facing the back of the car its not gunna fit it will only fit with the holes facing forward so its kinda obvious which head goes on which side gotta use your brain sometimes with this stuff

·
Registered
102 Posts
how can i tell the difference in each side of heads.. im at my install portion, and cant remember which head goes on which side.. Does it matter? if so, how can i tell?
If you look on the side of the head where your power steering and alternator bolt on to the head there will be a cap in the head with threads on the inside of it. On the smog side there will be no cap just threads. That’s how it was on my 5.0 so I am just putting my 2 cents in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts