Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much of a pain is it? I am pretty confident in my abilities but this is my daily driver and I really don't want to screw this up. Should I just bite the bullet and pay to have it done? if I do pay to have it done, Dealership or shop? Keep in mind I have no idea where a good local shop is, so any help would be great. Thanx in advance.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
If it is your daily driver, I would have a shop do it. Now you have an excuse to upgrade heads and valve train components.

·
Registered
671 Posts
If it is your daily driver, I would have a shop do it. Now you have an excuse to upgrade heads and valve train components.
Don't forget the the crappy stock intake manifold :D

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
255 Posts
I guess it depends on how you look at it. If you want to learn how to do it, then do it yourself. If you need it in a reasonable amount of time, take it to a dealer. I wouldn't recommend a mom and pop shop to it.

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
A head gasket Swap can be done over a weekend for the inexperienced, experienced mechanics can do it in less then a day easily. If you take your time and do your research you can easliy save yourslef a TON of money. I like my money in my pocket so I do most of my own upgrades.

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx everybody for the advise, found out it may not be a blown head gasket. It may just be some condensation forming on the oil cap which makes it look like the coolant has leaked into the oil. But I think even if it is I will go ahead and do it myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts