Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
if you have to pay a shop to do it then somewhere around 1,000 or so i believe. its about 9.5 hours of labor to complete the job for both sides.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
a grand for head gaskets? :eek:

rpm-mustangs has a kit where you can get whatever gaskets you need. Just head gaskets would be a lil over 200.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1K Yea right!!!! You have gotta be able to get it done for alittle cheaper than that, i would have thought. I was thinkin like 800 or so, but maybe im way off.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That's parts not labor...and since you go 10K miles without changing your oil...I'm pretty sure you don't know how to do the work yourself.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I am facing a similar situation. You can buy the full kit to replace a convertible top for $200. But if I want to have it installed it's gonna be a grand. Same with the head gaskets

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey just cause i went 10k over on an oil change don't mean anything, gimme a break man, i know it aint good, but i just didn't get it done. The main reason was that i didn't have the money to do it, so damn man gimme a break. But no i dunno how to do it myself.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
couldnt afford an oil change?:eek:

a regular oil change cost less than 20 bucks...40ish if you use RP or any other high-end synthetic.

How do you afford gas if you cant afford 20 bucks every 3 months?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
at the time gas n all was all i could afford with my bill's but i got on top of **** now, cause im workin full time, n got a better payin job.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hey man I understand money problems. However, the fact is regular oil changes SAVE YOU MONEY in the long run! $20-$60 every three months is a lot better than the hundreds or even thousands of dollars you will end up spending to repair the engine. That's how I knew you couldn't replace the head gaskets yourself b/c anyone who could, would also know how important it is to change the oil. I'm not trying to flame you, or make you feel bad, or rag on you for not having money. I'm just tellin it like it is.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Plus I remember you thought your car didn't need tranny fluid:D. A sure sign that you don't know how to replace your own head gaskets. Again, I'm not trying to rag on you. It's fine that you don't know how to do it yourself. Just understand that you're gonna have to pay if you want the job done right.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
i can EASILY see having a $1k bill if you take it somewhere to have it changed

thats ALOT of labor hours
plus $200 or more in head gaskets and head bolts as well as other gaskets

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
nows your chance to upgrade, take it or leave it ;)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
for new gaskets and new head bolts and everything roughly 200 bucks

just do it yourself
if you work all day you yourself could probably do it in a weekend with help

1 - 20 of 33 Posts