Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys so heres my problem. My headlights work but when i go to flash the brights or just turn the brights on the lights go completely out. is it a fuse or could it be possible that the high beam on both bulbs went at the same time????? if its a fuse could you tell me which one?

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
I would swap out a buld first, see what happens then move on.
I dont think there is a fuse just for high beams but i could be wrong with out looking.

Maybe it's the high beam switch? :dunno

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya thats what i was thinking, its just weird that they both went out at the same time you know.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Headlight control module, aka multi-function switch.
Check the highbeam output.
Year & model?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a 90 5.0L lx ok so is it the actuall switch? cuz when i go to turn them on it just turns the lights out completely.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If it affects high beams only:
On son's '91 its a LG/BK wire.
Wire should be in bundle coming from top/inside of steering wheel.
If you have driver side airbag, you'd best look up the safety and disablement of that before you tear into replacing the switch.

Reactions: Mlx50man

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it affects high beams only:
On son's '91 its a LG/BK wire.
Wire should be in bundle coming from top/inside of steering wheel.
If you have driver side airbag, you'd best look up the safety and disablement of that before you tear into replacing the switch.
Thanks man, reps!:yes

·
Awesome Sauce
146 Posts
mine just did this. I had one of the wires come out of one of the plugs in the multifunction switch. I actually just fixed this last night. I thought it was the switch but it was just 2 wires that backed out a little and lost connection. One day I want to repin those plugs I have like 5 that no longer clip in they just slid in and out.
anyone know if you can buy the pins some place

·
Registered
127 Posts
mine just did this. I had one of the wires come out of one of the plugs in the multifunction switch. I actually just fixed this last night. I thought it was the switch but it was just 2 wires that backed out a little and lost connection. One day I want to repin those plugs I have like 5 that no longer clip in they just slid in and out.
anyone know if you can buy the pins some place
You can try Ford Fuel Injection right hand side links.

Or you can just "re-spring" the contacts with a tiny screw-driver, hairpin, etc..

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
if you take apart the wheel with the air bag, undo the battery, then take the fuse out for the air bag and let the modules de energize for about an hr to be safe, then you can remove the wheel/bag with out any problems. Just be sure not to use a volt meter on anything that sends a signal to the air bag b/c the few volts a meter uses to test will set the air bag off

·
Awesome Sauce
146 Posts
I can pull the multi function switch out of my car without removing the wheel. Remove the steering shroud and loosen the bottom panel and you can get it out. I have done it a few times now. The first time I done it I took it all apart and realized I can do it without removing the wheel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts