Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone whats a good way of refurbashing my mustangs headlights and tailights without spending that much money or buying a hole new set up? sorry im new at this.....i jus got a 2000 mustang and the guy i bought it form didnt take good care of it so im asking for cheep ways to make it look new again...and what not to use

·
Registered
0 Posts
I had the same problem with mine, i went to an automotive store like lordco or napa and get a headlight refinishing kit they r usually around 20 bucks. it cleaned mine right up. if that dosent work you could go to a scrap yard.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well you can try to go in a 2nd hand store if you want but i prefer to go in a shop where you can get best deals with them sometimes they have promos and surely you will get a really nice headlights.Actually i'm looking for a headlight bulb last time and i go in a 2nd hand shop like a garage sale thing when i bought it and tried it on my ride well dude it doesn't fit and when i get back to the shop the shop itself was gone the old man told me it was move into another place..so i spend money for nothing.:mad:

·
Registered
0 Posts
I had this problem with my 2001 mustang but I just replaced them with the smoked style... However I did clean up my stockers by wet sanding with 1200 grit sand paper and then with 1500 grit. This will make them extremely hazy but smooth and clean, then just buff out with buffing compound or a good wax

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone.....another question i ve is theres some rust spots and i want to sand them down and paint them but if the paint that is already on it is fadded a little is there any way i dont have to re paint the hole car or am i jus screwed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone.....another question is theres some rust spots on the roof and paint chips behind the wheels on the side of the car and i want to fix it by sanding it down and painting it but im worried that the paint is a little fadded and it wont look good with 2 different shades of red

·
Registered
0 Posts
ok guys check it out i had the same problem and i thought to myself theres gotta b something way cheaper than the kit that will do the same thing..........lol r yall ready for this???? stove top cleaner works like a charm,ya i said oven cleaner my lights were as yellow as a banana n i sprayed it on let it sit for 5 min and wiped it off and they are clear as new,try it i know it sounds crazy but u will b impressed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts