Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching and piston to valve clearance came up?:confused:

anyway I tried removing my headlight on the 09GT and it seems as if the front bumper or side fender must be removed for it to fully come out? i tried moving it a few different ways but was no help

Do you really have to remove the bumper or is there something I missed?

Thank you Chris

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gayness. I was going to remove the light at the track(drivers side) but not if I have to remove the bumper. not worth all that effort...

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
The front bumper cover comes off in about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
+1

·
Registered
295 Posts
Anybody know of a write up on taking the bumper off. When I switched grilles I did it without taking it off and still have the scars on my hands to prove it. Going to switch back to the stock grille and want to do it the right way this time.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know on the new edge just a 10mm socket or ratchet wrench would take off the front bumper. I'll take it off and see...I'd be doing this at the track so I dont know how worth it, it'd really be

·
Registered
583 Posts
Front bumpers are pretty simple. 20 minutes tops...ordinary hand tools. The body shop that painted my mustang white installed the eleanor grill with the center fog lights and ran into a little fitment issue. The plug in the back of the left fog light rubs up against the hood latch former. It sucks...if you even touch the plug the light will go out

·
Registered
337 Posts
you can get one headlight out if you just wanna drop down one side of the facia and get your hands all up in there. but honestly, with all the work and arm twisting to reach bolts that is involved with doing it that way you might as well drop the whole front bumper

1 - 13 of 13 Posts