1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
As far as working with your mach 460, call crutchfield and tell them what you need. They have the harness for it. You will also need to make sure you have 3 amp outputs.

Crutchfield has excellent customer service and will help you with what you need.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You'll use the front and rear rcas on your headunit for the stock amps and sub rcas for your new amp/sub. Those will plug into the harness you'll need for this application.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
Nah Its not an rca output at all on the back of the factory system its more like two different plug connectors. The adapter would have to be wired into your new wiring harness for the new head unit and that should have rca outputs for the factory amps and you should have rca outputs on the new headunit for amps. Hard to explain without seeing it right in front of you but when you see it all in front of you with the new stuff and your head unit out it will kinda explain itself though depending how often/good you are at hooking up amp, radios etc...

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. I guess the only thing I dont understand is what do the factory amps plug into? The radio I have only has one set of rca outs. So with the adapter be all I need to hook everything up with the radio I listed above?

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Call crutchfield lol. They will get you set up with everything you need. There customer service is excellent. Next paycheck i'm buying a new headunit from them. It's $150 for the headunit, free shipping, and it qualifies for getting all of the hardware and accessories i need to hook up my mach460 and personal subs/amp for free (about 70 bucks worth of stuff). I called and made sure everything would work together. The guy was a really nice guy, and helped me understand some things. His name is Pete if you wanna give him a call

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
they is an adapter that you can order along with your new headunit that would alow you to keep use of the factory amps. The plugs from your factory amp thats plugged into your mach headunit will plug into that adapter. If you walk into any audio shop and tell the "im running an aftermarket head unit in my 03 mustang and I want to maintain use of my factory amps do you guys sell the adapter for that"? Or i think best buy sells it or ask tech at crutchfield and order it specific from them over the phone.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
I just bypassed the factory amps removed that whole box, remounted the speakers from the box to the rear deck and hard wired the speakers by splicing into the connectors in the rear but thats a bit more involved. If you want to retain those factory amps though any well almost any shop will sell you the rite harness you need when you tell them what you're trying to do. I hope that helps out a bit.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What rockwell said, basically. I should have clearly stated aftermarket harness instead of just saying harness. If you only have 1 set of rcas on your aftermarket head unit you'll need some line level adapters as well. As has been stated, call crutchfield. I have experience with this stuff, but its hard to explain in text without the setup in front of you to show for sure.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright thanks for all the help guys. I guess I'll be giving crutchfield a call. Kohrs, how are you gettin all that free stuff again? How does it "qualify"? Are there only certain headunits that you can get that stuff for free for or not?

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts