Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to do repeats about headers and all, I’m about to install my long tubes. Got everything coming in the mail now. Only have 3 questions

1. Where is the best place to find the Header Bolts, remember reading about a stage 2 or something self locking.

2. What is the best gasket to buy for the headers and where can I locate it.

3. I have a high flow catted midpipe waiting to be installed with the headers, Will I need the o2 extensions?

Thanks again, I searched and searched and couldn’t find any good links, and I don’t trust to much stuff from autozone!

·
Registered
806 Posts
yes you need 02 extensions for long tubes get them from am.com

get stage 8 locking bolts. just do a search to find them. i think lmperformance has them fairly cheap.

as for gaskets, go to ford and get new ones or use percies gaskets

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I got percy's seal 4 good soft aluminum gaskets and stage 8 locking bolts, I would recomend using both, I bought my gaskets from speedtweekerz.com and I dont remember where I bought the bolts. Good luck and have fun with that.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i used mr. gaskets and brizlen bolts with no problems the bolts are kind of expensive i think i paid like 70 or 100 bucks for them..but i havnt heard to much good about stage 8 bolts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input everyone, everything is now ordered, looking forward to doing this mod, even though its going to take all day, but it will be the first major mod Ive done besides cat-back and fixing my front bearings and minor break work.

Should be fun!

Ugmul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts