Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the header is hitting the sterring shaft. put new motor mounts and and it hits just a tad to notice it virbrating my steering shaft. any ideas wat to do to solve this annoying problem? thanks

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
just take a hammer to the headers

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
:funnah
:lmao

I sware someone had the same problem somewhat recently...hopefully they will charm in soon. What kinda of heads are they?
Y R U LAUGHING

lol jk

·
Registered
39 Posts
yea they do and there not that much..... alot of people hammer the headers but it works but its up to u. do it right or dent ur beautiful pipes

·
Registered
339 Posts
go under the dash and loosen the 2 bolts thaconnect the steering shaft to the steering wheel. twist the steering wheel to the right and have a friend tighted the two bolts. thats what i did and it worked perfectly. no problems.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
omg listen, take the biggest impact socket u can find and slowly tap the header were it hits, i say slowly tap it that way you dont have to dent it more than needed

the bigger the socket the less of a sudden pinch it is

·
Registered
685 Posts
I put a slight dent in my header so it didn't contact the shaft worked great. I don't think the reduction in flow would make a diffrence

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Or you can shim the motor mount on that side like 1/10th inch. It may be that your motor mounts are worn out in the first place causing the engine to sit a little lower than it should.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts