Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys run for gaskets with long tube headers? Just regular stock replacement or is there some amazing gasket out there that I dont know about? lol Thanks guys :)

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and it didnt blow out on you? I can get felpro's from work with my discount :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Don't use BBK gaskets..... I had to change out my passenger(yeah, of course) header gasket, and replaced it with JBA gasket, not sure of the gaskets are different on shorties vs LT's. The mustang shop close to me says they're a very good gasket.

·
4 cam 4 life
2,825 Posts
and it didnt blow out on you? I can get felpro's from work with my discount :)
Only gasket I had ever blow out on me is the crappy cardboard one MAC sells with thier H pipe (or used to). I have had the cheapest header gaskets I can find, and they work perfectly. If you have a blow out, it is either port mismatch or you didn't get the bolt tight enuff.

·
4 cam 4 life
2,825 Posts
Don't use BBK gaskets..... I had to change out my passenger(yeah, of course) header gasket, and replaced it with JBA gasket, not sure of the gaskets are different on shorties vs LT's. The mustang shop close to me says they're a very good gasket.

never had a problem with the BBks either. They use the same Fel-pro as the parts store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts