Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys so about to ditch the headers and buy new ones unless i can get this leak taken care of. the header on the driver side is a two piece and where it comes together it is leaking well i had it welded but the mechanic could only weld the outside of it and cant get to the inside of it where the pipes meet has anyone ran into this problem or know how i can get rid of the leak.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not necessarily i am sure there is a way to fix it from leaking just cause you cant get in there with a welder. i could prolly use a stainless clamp but i was hoping some one would say somthing that i had not thought of that may work better. other than taking it apart and puting it back together only to have the same problem.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Get MAC's

·
Registered
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
its not the gasket its the two pipes that slip together, he has the two piece driver header from hooker or pacesetter
i have never seen those but wouldn't welding it still work in his case?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
yes but you have to take them off to weld them fully
oh yeah i know i posted that as well a welder would never get in there plus its necessary to be done right, **** i had to create my own 10-mm wrenches by heating them up and bending them as well as grinding them to fit where i needed them to be. ill tell you one thing my closed end ratcheting wrench helped me knock out the easy bolts quickly for my SLP LT's when i recently removed my heads and had to re-bolt the LT's back i was determined that i wasn't going to remove the k-member again to get to them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts