Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just bought me some used ceramic lt bbk's and Hpipe i had to remove some dents so now there are some spots where the coating is missing plus there is serfuse rust on some other areas (very light) so i wanted to paint them black...

i just dont know how to go about prepping them i dont want to remove all the factory ceramic coating i bought some 1200 deg black paint i will do just about anything but send them out!:D

I have acsess to a sand blaster, and some new pressurized soapy water wash think i have never used or seen any one use. ill prep them for a few hours as long as it lasts that the key here.... i will hand wet sand them if thats what it takes but what grits of bads/media and witch solvents?
Thanks!

·
Registered
753 Posts
this is how i prep them,,sandblast them...then wash them with thinner real good..hang them up wash them with thinner again.but do not touch them .theres oil in your skin..1st light coat of paint leave them set about half hour..then paint the **** out of them.leave them set for least a week..

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i dont want to take off the old ceramic because it helps out allot with heat so i have a feeling sand blasting will?... because thats gow i preped my old rusted chrome ones...

and why let them sit out??

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
it'll cost you a bit more, but you could always take them someplace to get sandblasted and ceramic coated or flame sprayed. i bought a set of HTS coated Mac's and i took them out to get sand blasted and flame sprayed. cost me 175...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just dont know how to go about prepping them i dont want to remove all the factory ceramic coating i bought some 1200 deg black paint i will do just about anything but send them out!
i have sand blasted my chrome ones because it sux i know how to preb to bare metal but i want the ceramic there to cut heat....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts