Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 07 mustang gt with an automatic. the only thing i have with it is an intake and a sct tuner. the next thing i am looking to get done is the exaust system im pretty much lookin for the mean sound exaust too. i heard borla stingers are good. but i am wondering what kind of headers i should put in shortys or long tube.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Go with the pypes LT setup with either o/r h or x. You have have a custom catted setup if you desire. I would couple that with your choice of a/b. I personally went with MAC.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
kooks or

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Go with the pypes LT setup with either o/r h or x. You have have a custom catted setup if you desire. I would couple that with your choice of a/b. I personally went with MAC.
I've heard several times that the Pypes are identical to the Kooks, I also have heard fitment and quality is good, so for someone who can't afford Kooks, I think they should go with those or Mac.

I agree, but not everyone has the luxury of being able to afford them.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
The stock logs flow very well and shortys pretty much will cost less, make hardly no gain, but sound decent.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Depends on what your tying to acheive. Longtubes will give you more power and a smoother/deeper sound. The gains from shortys is debatable. I personally would waste $$ or time on shortys. Also do you want cats or not? What kind of midpipe do you want? (H/X/pc). I would personally go with Mac LT's+ o/r prochamber and mac mufflers.

·
"Spectre" Veteran
492 Posts
I'm running Pacesetter shorties...easy (as can be expected) install (remove RH engine mount bracket makes passenger side easier...but support engine with a tranny jack and don't forget the STB, heh), decent construction with solid welds, and added a little response to the car...no dyno on power improvement, but a little SOTP feel. I'd still suggest waiting on LTs if you're trying to squeeze power out of your car. If it's a sound mod/minor performance mod, the Pacesetters were affordable, stainless, and didn't give me problems. Bought off of eBay, too, so only paid $250 or so, if I remember correctly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts