Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be a pain in the ass to put in MAC headers in mysaelf?

idc bout how long i love working on my car myself

·
Registered
551 Posts
Start in the morning. Youll be done by nightfall. I did mine myself.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sure it would be a pain in the ass but i dont mind it id rather save the money and do it myself then spend the 150 for someone else to install
u know?
wheres the fun in that :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
lol. well, even if youve never done such a thing before like a header swap, its pretty fun and you get to learn a shytload more on how what works.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i just put new headers in a 88 trans am yesterdsay it took us a while we had to take the strarter out but we got it in in like 2 hours

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i dont mind it being a pain in the ass id rather do all the work on my car then worrying about someone else ****ing something up u know

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well, now that I think of it. It may not take all day like I said before, mine took all day cuz we did my pullies too.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well, I had to take it in for my gears and t-loc install. I wouldnt have known where to start. Yea, wouldve been a good learning experiance, but I wouldve done something bad.

·
The George Forman of Keepers
2,356 Posts
do you need to weld anything when you put in headers? How does the header connect to the exhaust? Am I right assuming that the headers connect to engine with just like a gasket and bolts???

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
their is a tech article off of the home page ... look on the left side... it is just pictures of AB doin it him self... with a friend of course but still

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nah you shouldnt have to weld nething should be bolt on

welll it was bolt on for the heasers that i did on me and my friends 88 trans am

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
it is all bolt up if you have the flanges in your mid pipe, and get extra studs cause you will probably need them

1 - 20 of 25 Posts