Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a set of bbk long tube headers about 4 years ago and installed them. The past summer I realized that I had an exhaust leak. Yesterday I removed the k member and realized that I actually had a couple of bolts on each header were a little loose. When I installed them I used anti seize. Was wondering if a guy should use something else. Locktite? Any ideas?

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
All headers get lose a few hundred miles after install, it's due to the heat cycles they undergo. I'd just re-tighten them. There's Stage 8 locking header bolts you can buy, but they're such a bitch to install.

·
Registered
671 Posts
All headers get lose a few hundred miles after install, it's due to the heat cycles they undergo. I'd just re-tighten them. There's Stage 8 locking header bolts you can buy, but they're such a bitch to install.
+1

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Some guys use lock washers. I didn't and think I have a slightly loose bolt or 2

·
Premium Member
13,581 Posts

·
Long Lost Co-Founder
1,145 Posts
Why are they a pain to install? I might be using them soon for my header installation...

·
ASE Master Tech
149 Posts
anti seize is essential on exhaust parts, especially for you east coast guys. Those stage 8 bolts have to a nightmare to install, I could easily see that e clip getting dropped a million times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts