Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
either flowtech or summit
I just bought a set of summit long tubes, and they are exactly like the old flowtechs i had on another car. I am having a problem with mine sealing off where the tubes slip inside each other. I called summit and they told me that they should have sealed off after they heated up. I said well they didnt and they told me to put some Hi Temp RTV glue around them. So I have , but I have yet to drive it yet. If I keep having trouble summit is gonna have to replace these damn things.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
either flowtech or summit
I just bought a set of summit long tubes, and they are exactly like the old flowtechs i had on another car. I am having a problem with mine sealing off where the tubes slip inside each other. I called summit and they told me that they should have sealed off after they heated up. I said well they didnt and they told me to put some Hi Temp RTV glue around them. So I have , but I have yet to drive it yet. If I keep having trouble summit is gonna have to replace these damn things.
Same header, different box.

·
Registered
822 Posts
its been a indiana car all its life, so im real used to seeing it.. haha
ya in from new england and my 88lx was worse on the driver side but now i have a 90lx that needs some minor repair on the inner wheel well. rust sucks. i dont thing the header did any justice to the rust on the passenger side of your car.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
nice subframe/strut tower rust you gut goin on there
Another note but getting off topic. That rust on the very front of the driver floor board near the fire wall sloping part is the only place on the underneath of my car that had rust. Must be common. Mine looks like it rusted from the inside out so maybe it leaks down from the cowl? I patched it up but thought about drilling a hole there to allow any further water to leak out instead of just sitting in there.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
yeah...heat would make it dry???

and im from mass and i got my car from rhode island and it has not 1 spot of rust besides on the rear end (just flakes)...look around before you buy one all rusted terribleonexx88...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts