Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found some new Pacesetter lt headers for $278. First of all how much louder is it actually Gona make my Stang and will u be able to tell a little difference in the throttle? And can I weld it to the factory h pipe or am I going to have to get a shop to mock it up, don't really want to buy another h when it comes stock with one. All help is appreciated :)

·
Registered
789 Posts
long tube headers are just that, long tube. they will not bolt up to your factory h pipe because they are longer. as for sound, it will be signifgantly louder, especially if you decide to run no cats. and 278 for lt? not ceramic coated.... goodluck with them, you get what you pay for. id fork up the extra 200 for mac lts and rest assured theyre good headers. Id buy a mid pipe from the company of header you decide to go with, dont try to use your stock one. its gonna be a wash.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanxs for the fast response. I have heard alot of good things about pacesetter and these have the armor coating on them that they guarantee for three years. There not painted.

·
Registered
789 Posts
yeah ive started a couple lol. I think pacesetter has ceramic coated headers for like a 100$ more then the ones your looking at. id recommend those. also another member here is running the ones your looking at but had them coated.

if you dont want it to loud id suggest welding in come cats. im still saving for mine, would go with the kooks with a catted x if i could afford it, but im either going with the mac and prochamber and weld in cats, or the pypes and catted x.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Were in the same sinking boat. To many rich bastards on this website lol. But I like for mine to be loud just not sound like **** that's why I'm going with no cars instead of no mufflers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just picked up some rev 5 boost brothers long tube headers. They were $250 shipped. They are also made of stainless steal. I haven't put them in yet and I know that they have gotten flack in the past for fitment issues but I have talked to several people who have the rev 5 ones and they say they fit very well. You can't find them on ebay right now but if you send them an email they will tell you to send them $250 through paypal and they'll ship you some. The welds are top notch btw. Let me know, I can forward you the email they sent me. Either way, I can't wait to put them in and whatever you get I'm sure you'll love them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just picked up some rev 5 boost brothers long tube headers. They were $250 shipped. They are also made of stainless steal. I haven't put them in yet and I know that they have gotten flack in the past for fitment issues but I have talked to several people who have the rev 5 ones and they say they fit very well. You can't find them on ebay right now but if you send them an email they will tell you to send them $250 through paypal and they'll ship you some. The welds are top notch btw. Let me know, I can forward you the email they sent me. Either way, I can't wait to put them in and whatever you get I'm sure you'll love them.
Thanxs man! Pm with that email. What kind of mid pipe bolts up to it?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I appreciate it. Be sure and message me on the install and fitment an all the good stuff. R u installing it or a shop?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do your research on ebay headers. You get what you pay for
Yeah, definitely good advice. That's why I emailed several people I noticed purchased the same ones I did. The 2 I got responses back from said they have been very impressed by them and the fit was good. They both installed them and said they did normal things to fit them (removal of steering shaft, jacking up motor) and supposedly nothing rubs.

I appreciate it. Be sure and message me on the install and fitment an all the good stuff. R u installing it or a shop?
I will be installing them with a buddy of mine. They are basically JBA knockoffs. I honestly wouldn't have bought them if they weren't stainless.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, definitely good advice. That's why I emailed several people I noticed purchased the same ones I did. The 2 I got responses back from said they have been very impressed by them and the fit was good. They both installed them and said they did normal things to fit them (removal of steering shaft, jacking up motor) and supposedly nothing rubs.

I will be installing them with a buddy of mine. They are basically JBA knockoffs. I honestly wouldn't have bought them if they weren't stainless.
Like I said earlier. I appreciate it an keep me updated :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts