Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought bbk long tube ceramicool headers for my 94 but i forgot to check into if they will fit with the stock midpip and if i need to buy a bbk midpipe, this is the first time ive gotten so deep into a car and dont wanna screw it up.

·
Registered
235 Posts
long tubes will not work with the stock h pipe you need to get an h or x pipe that is for long tube headers or really modify your exhaust

·
Registered
317 Posts
S
i just bought bbk long tube ceramicool headers for my 94 but i forgot to check into if they will fit with the stock midpip and if i need to buy a bbk midpipe, this is the first time ive gotten so deep into a car and dont wanna screw it up.
Is your car Auto or stick?

·
Resident Headbanger
2,419 Posts
long tubes will not work with the stock h pipe you need to get an h or x pipe that is for long tube headers or really modify your exhaust
If you decide to keep the stock H-pipe, you'll need to shorten it by about 21". The easiest way is to cut the H-pipe on each side 3" below the header flanges, keep those offcuts, then chop out all 4 cats with piping leaving 3" of pipe on each side in front of the crossover pipe. Bolt the offcuts onto the long tube header collectors, and then weld lengths of 2.5" diameter pipe to bridge the gaps on each side. Just make sure you leave a bung on each side for the upstream O2 sensors and add extenders to the wiring harness. You can delete the downstream O2 sensors altogether.
This page gives a full description of what i did to my exhaust:

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/Mustang1995GT/Exhaust.html

·
Registered
220 Posts
you could also sell you stock mid pipe for scrap it has 2 pre cats and 2 cats on it. I sold mine for 145 to my local scrap yard and that basically paid for my new mid pipe something to think about.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i heard x-pipe is better for horsepower but takes away the signature mustang sound, but i cant find a shorty h-pipe anywhere for the 94-95 5.0, will a fox 5.0 h-pipe fit on the sn05 5.0?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Get a quote for a custom one...then maybe sell your old one for scrap as mentioned above.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts