Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put on a 75mm throttle body, and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and now after the car idles for a few minutes it starts to spit and sputter and smoke starts to come off the headers and exhaust. also was wondering if putting the fuel pressure regulator and bigger throttle body would this cause the car to run rich or lean needing a fuel and air adjustment if so how would i go about this

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
smoking headers = very rich

better check your TPS reports

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how would i go about that tps(throttle postion sensor right?) i havent had a mustang in over 5 years, would running rich cause it to spit and sputter after a few minutes of idle? Cause when you first start it up it idles perfect

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
whyd you put an adjustable fpr? and whats the fuel pressure at?

·
Registered
593 Posts
What other mods do you have?

That's a big TB for a stockish car IMO.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bbk cold air intake, some kind of mid range cam, bigger injectors, heads are ported and polish on exhaust side cat back exhaust and 373 gears

·
Registered
593 Posts
One way to know if there's too much fuel is to pull a few spark plugs. Do you have the stock MAF still?

I still think your TB is too big for your combo, but that's just me. I wouldn't have gone any larger than a 70mm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im pretty sure its a stock maf most of the aftermarkets have mass on it this one just has the ford so im guessing it stock, the only reason i went with 75mm was the summit guy said i could run it with my mods but then again he could of been selling for more

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if there was any confusion about the smoke it wasn't coming out the end of the tail pipe just rolling off the headers and exhaust

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think for one, Your fuel pressure should be 40 without vacuum. Second what size injectors do you have? You should still be on the stock ones, you dont have any mods worth needing bigger injectors.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i bought the car set up like this for the most part other then the stuff i put on there they guy i bought it from said they were ford racing 19 lbs injectors, i haven't made any adjustments on the fuel pressure regulator. so maybe thats where the sputter is coming from to much fuel and the headers are smoking? idk im a newb when it comes automotive knowledge i only know the basics im used to working on atvs

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
if there was any confusion about the smoke it wasn't coming out the end of the tail pipe just rolling off the headers and exhaust
Lol fuggin probably didnt put the Fuel regulator on correctly....spittin gas all over the headers.....

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha I've checked it thinkin that was the problem but there's no smell of gas and its dry all around it, plus it smokes all the way down the exhaust, idk know if it means anything or not but the pressure gauge holds a steady ready so I don't thinks its leaking

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya I dropped it to 42 with the vacuum off and it seemed to fix the sputter, but it was dark so idk if the headers are still smoking

1 - 20 of 23 Posts