Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i know that i want long tubes and an h pipe but my question i how to buy them because i have seen pleny of headerx pipe combo's but no h pipe so how would i know that this h pipe will fit this header? or vis versa? and i'm really interested in what combinations some of you have or have had and how you like them?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I have the jba lt's and catted h pipe. They fit ok, a guy almost wants poly motor mounts with this setup because the tubes come close to the steering shaft when I am turning hard and rub the shaft(steering shaft:p) it sounds kick ass tho:D

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
the best way to make sure it fits together is to get the same brand of LT's and h pipe.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
You pretty much have to stick to the same company for both unless you want to do some cutting and welding. The different companies don't all have the same length headers or position the collector in the same spot. Plus some companies may use a slip fit type of connection, or a ball and flange set up, or maybe even just a straight flange. Either way, stick to the same brand if you want a simple bolt on exhaust combo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where did you all get your's from offline or where? i mean i'm from rochelle ga so i'm only about three hours from a summit racing store so i guess i could get them there i'd just have to find them there! i guess i'm just wondering if the jba long tubes that says the require the x pipe will fit with the o/r h pipe because that really what i am leaning toward

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
I'll be getting: 2005-09 Mustang GT MAC Long Tube Headers & ProChamber Kit

I've heard so many sound clips with them and praises from other owners that I'm sold. That, and I want a low tone to my exhaust note, rather than a raspier note from the X, but some people like the X sound. Plus 5.0 magazine rated the Mac LTs second best overall performing aftermarket LTs, w/ highest peak power increase.(sadly, I don't have a link to that article on me, but maybe Drew will peak in and drop it :D) Are you wanting a deeper or raspier tone to your exhaust?

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I'll be getting: 2005-09 Mustang GT MAC Long Tube Headers & ProChamber Kit

I've heard so many sound clips with them and praises from other owners that I'm sold. That, and I want a low tone to my exhaust note, rather than a raspier note from the X, but some people like the X sound. Plus 5.0 magazine rated the Mac LTs second best overall performing aftermarket LTs, w/ highest peak power increase.(sadly, I don't have a link to that article on me, but maybe Drew will peak in and drop it :D) Are you wanting a deeper or raspier tone to your exhaust?

Agreed!!! I too want a lower note, and after about 50 -60 different sound clips, I really liked the Macs, and Prochamber.. I actually ordered both the LTH's, and the prochamber up sunday from Brenspeed, they called me yesterday to let me know, that if I wanted the Mac's LTH, that it would be a couple of weeks, I guess they are being built right now.. Rather cool customer service!

Anyway, if you are interested in how the different set up will sound, go up to your search bar on the top of the forums, and search "header video" and you will come across a thread that someone put together of a ton of video's and what the combo's are.. Its very kick butt!!!

Good luck

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
I keep forgetting about Brenspeed whenever I'm looking up parts and what not, lol. Although after looking at their site just now, I don't know why they have a 'Brenspeed' X pipe instead of the Mac prochamber in their Mac package. :confused: Weirdos. Grats on your LT/prochamber buy, though, I'm jealous! :yes

·
Registered
135 Posts
Brenspeed carries a Kooks Header/H pipe package. That's what I have on my car, and that's where I purchased them from. Bit pricey though....worth it, but pricey.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
where did you all get your's from offline or where? i mean i'm from rochelle ga so i'm only about three hours from a summit racing store so i guess i could get them there i'd just have to find them there! i guess i'm just wondering if the jba long tubes that says the require the x pipe will fit with the o/r h pipe because that really what i am leaning toward
JBA also makes an h pipe
friend of mine has the LT's and h pipe.

JBA Off-Road Shorty H-Pipe (05-10 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

4.6L/281 - 2007 - JBA Headers - SummitRacing.com

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I think i am going to save up and go the the kooks as well with the H pipe!

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i will be going with mac LT's and mac X pipe. i'm choosing them because of their gains, price, and ceramic coat. my next 2 choices would be ARH and kooks. were they not significantly more i'd go with one of those. they cost more because they are stainless. if at all possible i will always buy my parts from justin and his team over at JPC

http://store.jpcracing.com/05-09-MUSTANG-GT_c_97.html

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
i would also buy poly mounts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts