Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get some LT headers for my stang but i dont want it to sound riced out and am having trouble finding some LT's, any suggestions?

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I bet with an H-pipe and some good mufflers or resonators it would sound a lot better. Part of me wishes I'd held onto my Pacesetter L/T's and got an H-pipe and some Borla stingers or something. Oh well....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the MAC headers from them and I had some problems. The metal flanges that go against the block were not flat and had to be ground down by a machine shop(I did not check them when I orginally put them in). The welds where the individual ehaust tubes collect were bad and had a hole develop. I was not happy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Generally longtube headers sound like ass on the 4.0s and also cause extreme drone in the cabin. Not worth the small HP gain to put up with a car that sounds like ass and drives you nuts from the cabin noise.

·
Registered
584 Posts
If i didnt go the LT route, what would shorty headers do?
They free up a few hp, weigh less, can keep the engine bay cooler depending on the coating, deepen the exhaust tone...

Plus you don't have to worry about o2 extenders which you do with LTs

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that sounds like what im gonna do, but ive heard peope say they are just the same as the stock ones so that why i was lookin into LT's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts