Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to get around this other than shaving the headers?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
What motor mounts are you running?

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
You can ding the header pipe but I don't think that is necessary. When I put my pacesetters in I made sure the motor was as far over to the passenger side as possible. It is close but does not rub.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I wouldn't grind on the tubes, just peen that thing.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
^ agree'd. don't grind into your headers. either try to pry your engine over a bit, use aftermarket poly engine mounts, or use a ball hammer and put a small ding in it to give you the clearance

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
If you don't have the right hammer. Place a broomstick where you need to ding it and hit the broomstick with your regular hammer. This will give you a nice clean ding I the tubing. But you should be able to get it to fit without doing this. If not you would be the first person who has had fitment issues with these headers.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Grind on the steering linkage if anything??

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
^no... engine mounts and move the engine over.. will solve the issue I am sure

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
yeah. but i meant if it was between grinding the headers or the linkage ..deff not headers. lol

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I'd rather have a chance of a header rusting than a steering shaft snapping or twisting while going around a turn

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I would never grind my headers or steering linkage. How much clearance are you going to grind away on your headers before you put a hole in your primary pipe and I would never want to grind my steering linkage as small as it is to begin with. If I had to make clearance it would be much better to put a small dent in your pipe. But like it was said before, you just need to shift the motor over on it's mounts.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Try shifting the engine over> strategic dent> new motor mounts> different headers> put stock or shorty manifold on> sell car> grind headers/steering shaft

1 - 14 of 14 Posts