Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a UPR off road x pipe wiating to be installed...down the road a month or two i want to get long tube headers...
I was wondering if i am going to have a problem finding long tubes that will fit the x pipe i already have.. do i need to chose from certain headers for correct fitment or will any be okay?

This is the x pipe i have..and i also have borla stingers [if that matters]:
2005-2010 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L Off Road X Pipe

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
LT's require a short x pipe or midpipe bc the LT's are longer than shortys or stock exhaust manifold
unless you can cut and weld, i would suggest you get a LT and midpipe combo by the same manufacturer to insure good fitment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You're not going to be able to use that x-pipe without some cutting/welding. It won't work with any long tubes. The only thing you could do is add shorties, but not worth it IMO

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn..well in that case, after $125 went to waste...which combos would you guys recommend? i see some out there for over a thousand bucks and i am not willing to spend that much...id like to stay under 600..any brands/thoughts/ideas?

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
damn..well in that case, after $125 went to waste...which combos would you guys recommend? i see some out there for over a thousand bucks and i am not willing to spend that much...id like to stay under 600..any brands/thoughts/ideas?

I spent just over $500 for my ceramic coated Pacesetter LT's and mid-pipe. I got an O/R H, not an X. I'm sure you can get it with an X as the pic on the Stage3 website where I bought my exhaust combo from was actually for an X-pipe, even though the description was for an H-pipe/header combo. The combo was actually cheaper than $500 but I upgraded from the painted to the coated headers.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
those look pretty nice! i would say you could look at some Mac's as well!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spent just over $500 for my ceramic coated Pacesetter LT's and mid-pipe. I got an O/R H, not an X. I'm sure you can get it with an X as the pic on the Stage3 website where I bought my exhaust combo from was actually for an X-pipe, even though the description was for an H-pipe/header combo. The combo was actually cheaper than $500 but I upgraded from the painted to the coated headers.

thanks man! ive seen pacesetter's for cheap...they are good quality? and also i know coated headers are better..but why? whats the difference? could you please send me a link to where you got that?? thank!!!

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
I made the same mistake man, but at least you can resell that x-pipe.

Heres the part where I recommend Pypes, you cant beat the quality for the price. If I had a couple thousand, I would have gone all Kooks.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
thanks man! ive seen pacesetter's for cheap...they are good quality? and also i know coated headers are better..but why? whats the difference? could you please send me a link to where you got that?? thank!!!

I like to think of them as inexpensive, not cheap. Cheap has such a negative ring to it and these headers are of good quality and great fitment.

One of the purposes of headers is to remove the exhaust, and the heat it carries, out of the engine compartment quickly as to not build up the temp under the hood. The ceramic coating acts as an insulator and will not conduct heat as well as the steel tubing. Thus it helps the headers do it's job. Another reason to get them with the Pacesetters is that they are made out of a mild steel, not stainless. The coating will help prevent any corrosion or rusting.

Here's the link. 2005-2010 Mustang GT Pacesetter Long Tube Headers & H Pipe (1-3/4" Primary) They still have the X-pipe pictured with the H-pipe combo. And on the drop down for the mid-pipes I noticed the an X was not offered. You should call them and see if they can get the same deal with an X-pipe. They have great customer service there and I think they drop ship from the manufacturer (shipping is free by the way). So if Pacesetter makes an X, I'm sure it would not be an issue for them to swap it out. But I think the H-pipe sounds better anyways.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
LT's require a short x pipe or midpipe bc the LT's are longer than shortys or stock exhaust manifold
unless you can cut and weld, i would suggest you get a LT and midpipe combo by the same manufacturer to insure good fitment.
Yup, I agree with this statement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts