Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings once again,
I am wondering what headers are the best for the money out there. I need them to fit both GT40*s and my E7's, due to me wanting to upgrade in the future. I have looked around and most all seem to be the same shape, size, etc., but the price range varies greatly. I am not really looking for anything too fancy just need to free up some restriction in the exhaust. I am looking for preferably shorties as I already have an o/r X-pipe in place and don't want to have to purchase a new one to fit long tubes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
by GT40*s, which heads are you talking about? Any shorty headers should work with any gt40 style heads except gt40P. For those you need the ford racing "p" headers or Mac "p" headers. though others possibly may work. I have gt40p heads that I will probably be using on my engine soon. I bought the MAC headers ceramic coated. They are more expesive than the non p headers. But they will work on non "p" heads also. The MACs that I have are very quality looking pieces.

If you aren't sure which heads you're going with and are willing to spend a little more these specialty headers leave you all head options.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was planning on either GT40P [cause they can be found for allot less $$$] or maybe even X's, but I have heard some scary things about the GT40* series heads. I have heard they kinda suck, and for all that money...Flow better than stock but still kinda restrictive in comparison to other heads
[but that is just what I have heard, on the Internet you could hear anything...\:eek:]
Most say to go with TFS, Holley, AFR, but I don't have a clue as to which to get/save for. I really want the best flowing heads for the money that i am going to have to come up with for them. Does anyone have a flow comparison chart or information on the popular performance mustang heads? For that matter comparison charts/ info for headers and mufflers would be awesome too!

·
Registered
63 Posts
by GT40*s, which heads are you talking about? Any shorty headers should work with any gt40 style heads except gt40P. For those you need the ford racing "p" headers or Mac "p" headers.
+1 on that. i bought a car that was originally a v-6 but had a 5.0 swapped. after i bought the summit brand u/e length shorties i found out (luckily before i dismantled anything) that my motor does have the 40P heads, i thought it was from a 95GT but turned out to be from an explorer. if you need help identifying your heads i can help, pm me or post reply. also i don't know what year your car is but i have those summit shorties for a 94/94 5.0 if your interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts