Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 gt and I was thinking about getting headers soon all I have done is flowmasters and a CAI. I was wondering what brands sound best I was thinking longtube bbk's?

·
Registered
156 Posts
m y 95 sounded awesome and i had bbk headers on it. i had shortys though. If your shopping for longtubes i think your best off buying bbk. They are made well and they are affordable. allot of your sound will come from you catback and midpipe anyway. and if you can deal with avoiding inspection a while grab an offroad x-pipe. Those converters are too quiet.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Do you have an automatic or manual transmission? Not all longtubes play nice with AODs.

Keep in mind that if you go with LT headers, you will have to replace your factory h-pipe as well. Also you will most likely need O2 sensor extensions, BBK makes those as well.

I use BBKs and I consider them to be the high end of the crappy brands :) I would recommend ceramics if you can afford the extra $$

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its an automatic. is getting longtubes worth the extra money and trouble? or would i be better of getting some shortys

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
since you've got an auto, i would suggest just going with shorty's... in case the longs don't fit, you won't have to go through the trouble of sending them back. plus you won't have to get a new mid-pipe if you stick with shorty's (cuz they are the same length as stock pipes).

bbk ftw!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts