Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,

So let me show my ignorance. I've ran into a local guy who can tune a car like nobody's business. Anyway, he's got a set of Headers that he's willing to sell and install on my Stage 3 for $1500.00.

Is this a good deal and am I going to notice any difference without a new tune or is this worth my time to do it? What's the positives to headers on the S197 car?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Thats alot of damn money for headers. Are they polished stainless? Ceramic coated?

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
I payed $1600 for my headers,High flow cats, and Xpipe and installed

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but they are Kooks Long headers, Stainless.

One other question, does a set of headers require a new tune?

Thats why. Those are nice but too rich for my blood, especialy when a $500 dollar set gets the job done. Tune is not required but is nice.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but they are Kooks Long headers, Stainless.

One other question, does a set of headers require a new tune?
I got the kooks long tubes with cats and x pipe for 1299.? is it just the headers?

To answer you questioin as far as performance gains with long tubes in general, yes the gains are very good. you will gain power and performance everywhere with them. No it does require a tune.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
that price sounds good to me! and like 07stang said,"you do need a tune"

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
you get what you pay for in headers.... in terms of fit and finish. what brand?

·
Registered
609 Posts
i think thats too much...

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
I'm going to assume they are used headers, so if they are it's too much, but if they are new that price sounds about right.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
It does come with the H pipe. But since it will require a retune I may just let these slip away this time. I believe I could probably get just as good numbers later from JBA pipes and retune.
You dont have to do a retune with them. that was a typo for me before. I didnt do any retune for them and my mixture and everything was right on. you pcm is going to adjust by itself for the extra airflow. so it comes with cats and the h pipe? if its has all that and he is putting them on for that price its a real good deal and you should jump on it.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
You dont have to do a retune with them. that was a typo for me before. I didnt do any retune for them and my mixture and everything was right on. you pcm is going to adjust by itself for the extra airflow. so it comes with cats and the h pipe? if its has all that and he is putting them on for that price its a real good deal and you should jump on it.
Yea I don't why you would think you "have" to get a tune. You don't "have" to

1 - 20 of 24 Posts