Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my shorty headers in yesterday and i am in the process of installing them...but when i looked at my manifolds then look at the headers....the headers on the drivers side has a extra pipe (prob for egr) and my manifold does not....and i am wondering if it would be ok or wise to weld a cap on it....or should i put my car on hold and wait another 2 weeks to get new ones??? i cant take pics right now but i can tomarrow and post them up

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
i just got my shorty headers in yesterday and i am in the process of installing them...but when i looked at my manifolds then look at the headers....the headers on the drivers side has a extra pipe (prob for egr) and my manifold does not....and i am wondering if it would be ok or wise to weld a cap on it....or should i put my car on hold and wait another 2 weeks to get new ones??? i cant take pics right now but i can tomarrow and post them up
it should be on the passenger side...
i wouldnt weld it on

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Shorties...
nooooooooooooooooo!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Shorties...
nooooooooooooooooo!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that thing is your egr, just delete it like i did :)

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
i think i know what you are talking about, and it is not the egr, is it on the pipe for the # 4 cylinder

·
Senor Pointy Boots
3,922 Posts
I wouldn't delete it since it tampers with emissions laws well at least here where I'm at but if you could, you'd have to get a delete kit if you're not going to weld on it. it should be a plate/plug (not familiar with '98 exhaust setup) that covers it up nicely.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't delete it since it tampers with emissions laws well at least here where I'm at but if you could, you'd have to get a delete kit if you're not going to weld on it. it should be a plate/plug (not familiar with '98 exhaust setup) that covers it up nicely.
i live in florida...no emissions :D

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think i know what you are talking about, and it is not the egr, is it on the pipe for the # 4 cylinder
well on the pass i have one on the 4th cylinder and by the collector....and on the driver i have on on the 1st cylinder...i think i messed up and need to just send them back and get the other ones

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
well on the pass i have one on the 4th cylinder and by the collector....and on the driver i have on on the 1st cylinder...i think i messed up and need to just send them back and get the other ones
no you just need a bolt to go over them and cover it. mine were the same way

and you have your cylinder #'s mixed up #1 is pass side and #4 is driver side

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no you just need a bolt to go over them and cover it. mine were the same way

and you have your cylinder #'s mixed up #1 is pass side and #4 is driver side
that is what i was thinking but i do not know??? does it leak on you or did you have any problems with them when you caped them off?/?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
that is what i was thinking but i do not know??? does it leak on you or did you have any problems with them when you caped them off?/?
i think they are for oxygen injection or something i used to know but i forgot. and no i haven't had any issues with leaking from them.

here is a pic of what mine looked like

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think they are for oxygen injection or something i used to know but i forgot. and no i haven't had any issues with leaking from them.

here is a pic of what mine looked like

cool....thanks so this doesnt mean i have to send them back...what size is that nut???? i was going to buy one tomarow

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you wont find an EGR delete plate at lowes;)
i thought he was talking about the same thing that i was talking about...srry...it was a miss understanding...but you can find 3 bolts to go over the tubes....and my stock exhaust manifolds do not have those tubes.....so i can just block them off

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
cool....thanks so this doesnt mean i have to send them back...what size is that nut???? i was going to buy one tomarow
dk they came with my headers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts