Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a picture of the wiring diagram. Can anyone tell me which wire is the ground wire? And which one I would tap into to have control of the dimmer of my gauges? I'm installing new gauges and need to figure out the wiring. Imageshack - photofnv.jpg

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Give me some more information about your car. I have access to better wiring diagrams.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
So you are trying to tap into the power wire to the gauge lights after the dimmer and a ground in the same system?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, my thoughts are if everything's already there, why not use it? I could always find another ground source but I already have 2 way connectors. Any clue which wire is the dimmer and if there even is a ground in the unit?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Well if you tap into the wire between the Headlamp switch and fuse block it is Dark Blue and white (DB/WH).
I would recommend you tap into the wire after the fuse block so that it is fused. I believe that wire is Light blue and red (LB/RD).
It would be best to just create your own ground. But If you choose differently it is a black wire coming out of the same plug the LB/RD wire is going into on the back of the cluster.
Now you can tap into this power wire in alot of different places. This same wire branches off into all of these switches:
Defrost
AC controls
Traction control
Fog lamp
radio
cd player

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
That is the power wire coming off the dimmer switch. I would recommend tapping into it after the fuse so that the circuit is protected.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
The switch yes.... What exactly are you trying to power with this? Is it just the bulbs for the aftermarket gauges?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Agreed, don't tap in before its protected unless you add an inline fuse

1 - 12 of 12 Posts