Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing some S197s with headlight and possibly a hood extension to match the headlights.

They look like maybe an inch, two at the most out.

They go right on the top of the headlight housing and connect to the fender from what I can remember. Anyone know who makes them? Kind of makes the car look like the old 1970 mustangs(I think, I may be mixing it up in my head) and makes the car look more aggressive IMO.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Will that work with a stock hood?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I like that!
Fang Performance Mystery 8. Made by Aeroform, I think?

EDIT: scratch that, didn't look close enough, is that the Cervini's extension kit everyone mentions? Probably cheaper to do if it works with a stock hood, right?

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Doesnt work with stock hood.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Dang, if it did i would seriously consider buying it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it possible to get the entire thing still? From that thread it looks like you can only get the hood, and you have to be lucky to find it even then it seems.

The black GT in that thread looks awesome, it gives the car just the right look IMO.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Is it possible to get the entire thing still? From that thread it looks like you can only get the hood, and you have to be lucky to find it even then it seems.

The black GT in that thread looks awesome, it gives the car just the right look IMO.
The Fang Mystery hoods?
I think Aeroform has the new style Mystery 7 and Mystery 8 hoods. But the original style hood with extensions... apaprently there were only two made. :dunno

EDIT: Here's the Aeroform store for the Mystery 7 and 8 hoods.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Fang Mystery hoods?
I think Aeroform has the new style Mystery 7 and Mystery 8 hoods. But the original style hood with extensions... apaprently there were only two made. :dunno

EDIT: Here's the Aeroform store for the Mystery 7 and 8 hoods.
If there were only two made, then the the different s197s(I think at least 3) have custom made extensions for the headlights?

Mainly the look I'm going for is just like the front end on this one. It just makes it look so much more aggressive.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
If there were only two made, then the the different s197s(I think at least 3) have custom made extensions for the headlights?

Mainly the look I'm going for is just like the front end on this one. It just makes it look so much more aggressive.

That's the Mystery 8, aeroform still makes those.

The story goes that the designer for the original Fang hood contracted with aeroform to produce the hoods. Aeroform wanted to change the design on the Mystery 7 though. There were a couple of the original non-aeroform Mystery 7 hoods made that integrated the headlight extensions into the hood so it didn't look like seperate pieces. The aeroform guys wanted it to look like the classic Shelby extensions, which were patchwork, like the Cervinis extensions.

So all you have from Fang now are the Mystery 7 and Mystery 8 hoods as made by aeroform, which there doesn't seem to be any issue of rarity. Just on the non-aeroform fang hood.

That said, both the 7 and 8 hoods look pretty good. I really like the ducktail too.

This was all I got from reading posts on the internet, take it for what it is... whispers on the net and probably useless. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts