Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys so I've searched and searched and can't seem to find someone with the exact same problem as me, some close but not the same. So I have a Terminator front bumper with fogs wired to low beams since about 4 months ago. Just recently my headlights have started to flicker on and off :( Im in highschool so I come home from work at night when it's dark :facepalm: I have to pull over turn off my headlights wait a few minutes then proceed. This kinda sucks! lol. Just lowered her last Friday (slow but steady progress on my build, car and mods paid for by me :)) and now I need to address this issue, I have ordered the Headlight Switch Repair Harness on AM, Mustang Headlight Switch Repair Harness (94-04 All) 1120 - Free Shipping! Still waiting for it though. What else should I look at/check or order? Could it be the fogs? Could it just be the harness? Switch maybe?

·
Efficiency is Performance
1,214 Posts
Did you order the switch aswell? I had this same issue, and it turned out that the headlight switch was going bad.

·
Registered
304 Posts
How are your fogs wired into your low beams? If the fog light bulbs themselves are wired into your low beams in such a way that they share a power or ground wire then they need to be rewired. If your fogs are wired in with a separate power and ground wire for the bulbs and you're only signaling them with the control side of a relay run off of your low beam circuit then I would just double check the connections where the relay was put into the circuit. If you used "wire taps", "scotch locks" or any similar product remove them, trim the wires involved back a little to remove the damaged wire, and solder your connections.

·
Registered
154 Posts
HIDs? If so how long have you had them in?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had this same issue as well. I put fogs in my car and got the switch to put in the center console. I believe most or all sn95 bodies were prewired with the fog light wiring harness, and I do think it is wired in with the headlight switch already.
back to the issue, I put a new plug and headlight switch in my car, worked fine for a little while, then the lights started cutting on and off. Burned the headlight switch and plug again. Replaced those a second time and decided to build a relay module to bypass the headlight switch completely except for interior lighting due to the rheostat.
Working fine sense and the headlight switch stays nice and cool.

Replacing the headlight switch and plug in your case should fix the flickering. but for running the fog lights, check where foglights go in front bumper for two wired plugs that are not plugged into anything on either side, and there should be 2 plugs inside the center console right below the coin holders. One is brown the other is gray. You will be using the gray one. I would use that circuit if your car has it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Saleen961, I parked it as soon as I came home and waited until they started flickering, I un-spliced one of the fogs and the flickering stopped. I have undone both fogs and it hasn't flickered since :D tonight will be the test flight? lol I will see if that did the trick when I'm coming home from work tonight. 94Grayghost, I have looked into the switch idea and do have the plug in the center console but I have never seen ANY pigtails or plugs for fogs on my car, even with the bumper off. I have a new edge could this be why I have no connectors? Well hopefully the flickering stops and then I just need to figure out how to install the fogs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If this light flickering problem is solved could I just get this wiring harness? 97-04 Foglight Wiring Harness for V6 LX: VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts
As well as this switch? 01-04 OEM Foglights Switch: VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts
I would like everything to look oem if possible. I have found that same switch on amazon as well (same price I believe), but I can't find the harness. Has anyone delt with VMPTuning before? Are they pretty good with their stock/shipping? Ahhh I can tell I will already miss my fogs, they looked awesome :cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to address the hid question. No they are not hids, Im not a big fan of hids unless they are projected, I hate the scattered light people get with hids. But I would love to get some projectors someday....... Not the raxiom kind but for sure some of Yukeshidretrofits. That guy does some incredible work with mustang headlights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts