Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i know you can put your headlight in the oven after you remove the bulb and wiring harness, but what im not sure is do you have to pull about the headlight into 2 pieces? If so which piece do i put in the oven. Thanks

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
If you found the area where it is leaking from ( thats the hardest part) seal it. then stick a blow dryer in the main bulb hole but keep the side marker bulb in the headlight so it keeps the heat in the light. do that for 10-20min and youll be fine with no mess in the oven or smell.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright thanks alot, imma try that very soon

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
How bad was the condensation? Do you have any marks inside the lense from where water dripped down? If so you're going to have to try pulling them apart or buy new lights if it bothers you enough.

I had a set that I didn't seal and the leak was so bad that it made lines where the water had dripped down the lense. I tried everything sort of putting them in the oven to clean them but ended up just buying new lights because it looked so bad..

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
my light has moisture, and all i can say is that i spent and hour blow drying it and then sealing it, only to have it leak in two days lol

·
Registered
982 Posts
Kind of a side note.... I don't know how thes companies get away with selling some of this SH#T, but I had a pair that I installed and the very next day I was driving home from work at night. It had rained almost all day and each head lamp had around 4"s of standing water in it. Long story short the water endded up exploding both of the bulbs miles before I got home. WTF???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts