Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this would be easy but there's always that one part that refuses to budge. I am trying to get the headlight knob off so I can remove the gauge cluster. What's the easiest way to remove it? I can't figure whether to pull that metal clip towards me or away. Can't even fit anything in there small enough to move it. HELP!

me and the knob were like this :swordfight:

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Totally thought I was in the 99-04 tech section. Can I get a mod to move this?

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
Pull knob completely towards you so your lights are on.

Looking underneath it in the channel, you will see a small metal clip that is "pinched" against the headlight knob shaft.

With a small regular screw driver, slide it along the channel until you hit the clip and gently pull towards you while you pull on the headlight knob. The pressure from the screwdriver releases the tension on the shaft and allows you to remove the knob easily.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the move and the tips. I put my tiniest screw driver in there but I couldn't get enough force on the clip so when I pulled on it I guess I wasn't trying hard enough because it barely moved

·
Underground
218 Posts
I've always had trouble with this too! I'm wanting to do the red LED mod in my cluster and could never get the dang thing off!

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
PO ripped mine off, now it comes off real easily.

·
Underground
218 Posts
Hulk thought this before...Knob make Hulk angry...Knob not want see Hulk angry!

seriously though, I've thought of just pulling real hard but was scared of snapping and breaking something causing even more of a headache

·
Registered
255 Posts
Use a pick, makes it a lot easier. I just had mine off last night replacing my cluster bezel and lens. Took about 1 second to slide it off.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
K1w1
941 Posts
I had this problem when I changed the gauge backgrounds (can't remember what they're called!). I struggled for ages before I realized some previous MoFo had glued the bloody thing in.
So now I have to replace it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts