Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently broke one of the tabs off of my headlight bulb socket. So naturally i went to the local auto part store and bought a pair of the "high heat" sockets which just look like they have bigger wires to me. But the problem is that when i put them on and got everything put back together my lights (silverstar ultras) were so dim that i cant see 5 feet in front of me on low beams. When i put on the high beams the lights are normal. could the sockets be the problem? i've tried everything i know to figure this out so any help would be much appreciated!!
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
IDK man. I had half of the clip on my drivers side break the last time I changed bulbs. That light does seem a bit dimmer than the other one. However, just looking at the lights when they're off...the driver's side looks dimmer. I think in my case it's the reflector.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just to clarify...when i say the lights are "normal" on high beams i mean bright as they should be when on low beam. So i'm basically driving around w/ one good drivable setting..the weirdest part is that when i put 9004's in the socket they work perfectly fine...i checked the box for the sockets and they said 9004/9007 sockets...srry if i mixed up the numbers up there but its 5 am and i havent slept at all yet so im a little out of it...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
sounds like there might be a wiring problem and something is putting a resistor in your system therefore reducing the actual amount of voltage getting to the lights making them dimmer. just take it all apart and try rewiring it just to make sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive checked the wiring and tried it every way i know thats not the problem...i think im goin to go to a junkyard and get them to cut off the original sockets and try that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts