Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a remedy for this other than buying a new headlamp assembly? The clips are all there and it's secure, but it jiggles around when I hit bumps.

·
Two Stangs
366 Posts
Sorry for bumping this thread but i installed some new headlights and earlier today I noticed the light jumping up and down. (I can finally see!). So I got home and checked and yep they are kind of loose. The clips hold it together but you can move the light up and down????

Is there something i missed?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never figured this one out.

·
Two Stangs
366 Posts
I've never figured this one out.
I am just paranoid they will come flying out lulz. I believe the ones i had there before where pretty tight with no play. I am thinking maybe i broke something off when I installed them? I didnt notice anything though.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
its just two clips. mine are loose too. they can't go anywhere; those clips can't come out unless the hoods open

·
Dont mind me. Ima dumbass
358 Posts
To fix this all i did was take the clips out and bend them a little to make them fit tighter. You can bend the pins on the clip or make the top of the clip bend back just to apply more pressure. Then readjust your beams as needed.

·
(.Y.) BOOBS
80 Posts
^^ +1

·
K1w1
941 Posts
To fix this all i did was take the clips out and bend them a little to make them fit tighter. You can bend the pins on the clip or make the top of the clip bend back just to apply more pressure. Then readjust your beams as needed.
Double ^+1

·
Registered
176 Posts
Bending the clips didn't work for mine. I noticed that I am missing one of those clips that the male end of the headlight snaps into...

The dealer could not even produce a part number for it. I tried wedging all types of **** around the light to stabilize it, but it keeps shaking. I think I finaly found the damn clip though.
Ford Headlight Pivot Socket

·
Registered
176 Posts
Its the only thing I can think of on mine...the drivers side does not shake/vibrate when I hit a bump and I have both female plastic pieces that those metal ends on the headlight go into. The passenger side though, I am missing one of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts