Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let me start off with saying I only enjoy rock music. There was one station I would listen to down here in Ga, 96.1, never really tuned into anything else. A little while ago I turn on my radio and Justin Beiber was playing, they changed the station. So I had to find a new station, 98.9, good music, not so great signal. I have found out that I get better reception when I have my headlights off, with them on I can barley tell what is playing. 96.1 and their new crappy music comes in perfect either way. If I have the radio on and I turn my headlights on, I can hear a little pop from my amps when I pull the switch. If I pull it halfway for my fogs, its fine, pops when I pull it all the way out if that makes sense. I have checked my connections at my amps, back of the radio and at my headlights, everything seems fine. If it matters, I do have HIDs and I have the Mach 1000 system, and ideas what I could check? I have searched around on the web and havent really found anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well let me start off with saying I only enjoy rock music. There was one station I would listen to down here in Ga, 96.1, never really tuned into anything else. A little while ago I turn on my radio and Justin Beiber was playing, they changed the station. So I had to find a new station, 98.9, good music, not so great signal. I have found out that I get better reception when I have my headlights off, with them on I can barley tell what is playing. 96.1 and their new crappy music comes in perfect either way. If I have the radio on and I turn my headlights on, I can hear a little pop from my amps when I pull the switch. If I pull it halfway for my fogs, its fine, pops when I pull it all the way out if that makes sense. I have checked my connections at my amps, back of the radio and at my headlights, everything seems fine. If it matters, I do have HIDs and I have the Mach 1000 system, and ideas what I could check? I have searched around on the web and havent really found anything. Thanks.
I had the same problem as you and to fix the problem I went with digital ballasts from ddm tuning. They were a little more money but fixed the problem. Mine was opposite of yours though, headlights were ok fog lights were not. My headlights were digital at that point fogs wernt. Swapped ballasts and the problem followed. So I got the digital ballasts to go with my fogs and the problem stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How can I tell if I have digital ballasts? I just got a cheap set from a shop down the road, think I paid like $45 for it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
The digital ones are pretty thin, the analog ones are very thick and probably silver and chrome or black and chrome. Ddmtuning.com check them out and you will see what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,399 Posts
The ballasts from your HIDs are doing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts