Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys just a few quick questions.

What is a good bright and street legal headlight to get? I can't really tell from videos so I need people with personal experience. I was thinking about getting HID lights, but idk if they are that much better over regular lights. I was looking at this kit ( HID Dual Beam Headlight Conversion Kit for 94-04 Mustang (9007 Bulb) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! ). Would this be good? Would this be the complete kit (everything I need) to install on my 02 GT?

Kinda off topic but 1 more question. Random though popped in my head and I was just wondering if I could drill out the side vents for better airflow and to help cool the back brakes? Would this work/help at all or would hurt the car or would just be a waste of time?

Thanks in advance!

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
That kit is the same as the one at ddmtuning.com but like $150 more expensive. Both however will blind everybody coming at you and will not shine the light good with the stock housings. You need projectors. Search "retrofit R3dFyre02" and check out his retrofit

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
as for the side vents, no it would not work, you would have to change a lot of interior things for the duct work to get to your back brakes. you better off just leaving them

·
Registered
929 Posts
I agree, I would leave the side scoops alone. Unless you run a road course, you don't need any additional cooling. If you open up the scoops, all you'll do is create a nice place for water & crap to collect and rust out your lower rocker panels. I don't like the idea of fake scoops either.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I cut out my side scoops and hood. The duct work is still on the list of things to finish but it was not that hard to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts