Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Mustang GT with a manual transmission. The previous owner screwed up the adjuster to aim the headlights up & down. Looks like he had the wrong screw and just kept turning it til a little plastic piece in there broke. A little duck tape in the right places will fix it and it won't look like a jerry-rig, but can anyone tell me what height the beam should be and how far away from the wall I should place my car? Also, I have been having a slight problem with what feels like a miss during midrange acceleration. If you drive it easy, it's fine. But if you put your foot to the floor, it sputters and coughs untill it gets up into the higher RPM range. Last time it happened, I discovered I needed a fuel pump, so I replaced it, along with the filter. I will flow test the pump at the shop soon, but untill then does anyone have anything vehicle specific I should be looking for? Finally does anyon know of any good shops in the chicago area that can tune my car? Some of the mods I am planning will require a tune. Thanks all.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had the same issue with my headlight from a previous owner... ended up buying a pair of Cobra replicas off eBay for 100 bucks. But as far as aiming them goes you have to measure the height from the ground to your headlight and then put a mark on a wall (garage door) that high up. Back up 25 feet and aim the center of the beams to that mark. Make sure you are using low beams while aiming them or you'll make them too low.

As far as the miss goes that could be a number of things. Start with cleaning the MAF sensor with some MAF cleaner from local parts store. Also try using a can of Seafoam in a full tank of gas, I know that worked wonders for my car. And then plugs, wire, coil packs...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts