Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about a week ago i tried to turn headlights on they didnt come on right away than did seconds later, day after i had to turn it on off than on again, now they wont come on at all. Saleen factory HID's. where do I start, i wouldnt think both bulbs are bad at the same time, is there ballast that goes bad on HID's, or switch connections.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
about a week ago i tried to turn headlights on they didnt come on right away than did seconds later, day after i had to turn it on off than on again, now they wont come on at all. Saleen factory HID's. where do I start, i wouldnt think both bulbs are bad at the same time, is there ballast that goes bad on HID's, or switch connections.
Check the fuse(s).

Yes, there are ballast boxes for each light - the odds of losing both at the same time are very slim.

Also check the headlight switch if the fuses check out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not only that, but if they are anything like aftermarket HID's, check the positive cable on the battery. I had an issue where my lights wouldn't kick on at all, and found the cable that connects to the positive terminal of my battery was heavily corroded. Pulled it off, hit it with a wire brush to clean it up and clean the terminal as well, put it back together, problem solved.

Never hurts to check!

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Also from the delay you experienced a week ago I would look at the relay possibly sticking. Maybe tap the relay with a screwdriver handle when the switch is on.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
The only real scenarios are a bad ground, relay, or fuse.

Not only that, but if they are anything like aftermarket HID's, check the positive cable on the battery. I had an issue where my lights wouldn't kick on at all, and found the cable that connects to the positive terminal of my battery was heavily corroded. Pulled it off, hit it with a wire brush to clean it up and clean the terminal as well, put it back together, problem solved.
I would of just used the fuse box power vs connecting all the way up to the battery. It's a lot cleaner this way.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
bit late, but i was going to say check the relay. loose ground or power wire could do the same thing. were it a fuse i would say it probably wouldn't be intermitent for the few days. iirc you should just be able to swap relays with one of the others in the box just to see if that's it

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where is the relay, the fuses are good

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm not completely sure how the saleen hid's are set up, but on my kit my left headlight would intermittently turn off, or not turn on at all. I put in a new controller and it's been fine since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts